living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Knowing and Not Knowing

It can be so strange to me what God chooses to do in life. The truth is though, that somehow God intricately designed the exact particulars of this season of my life for my good, for the good of his people, and for his glory. It doesn't make sense how it is best. I don't see the fruit and good that I want to see from all the difficulty and trial. But that is when I need to remember that God is God and I am not. I am not all-knowing. He is. Because I don't see something doesn't mean it's not there and very real and true.

What is God doing? I don't know - at least not to my satisfaction. So that is what has to change - I can be satisfied in the amount I know when I reflect on what it is that I know. I really do have knowledge of what God is doing. He is working to advance his gospel. He is working to conform me into the image of his Son. He is working to conform other Christians to the image of his Son too. He is working for all of our good. He is magnifying himself, so that we might see more of his glory. He is working to exalt Christ and glorify the Father. I really do know enough.

So when I don't understand, I need to trust in the things I do know. I know God. I want to know him more. I want that to be the point and aim of my life: to know God more, to grow in my love of Christ and become like him for the glory of God and the good of his people, both those who are his those who have yet to come to him. God is preparing me for eternity with Christ. And I cannot wait to see him there, along with the rest of his beautiful bride, made spotless by his blood. We are in process. We are not yet spotless. I don't want to resent that. But when I see my end is secure, I know I am secure here and now. And joy will come in the morning. "Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning" (Psalm 30:5).

Do I really believe the good news of the gospel? Do I live in the hope of it each day? Do I view others through the lens of Christ's blood? May it be so, more and more.
Lord, take me deeper
Into the glories of Calvary

1 comment: