living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Speak Truth


But you, O Lord, are a shield about me,
my glory, and the lifter of my head.
- Psalm 3:3

Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. - Hebrews 4:14-16

Now unto the King who reigns over all / And never changes or turns
Unfailing justice, unfading grace / Whose promises remain
Yes, Your promises remain

The heavens ring / The saints all sing / "Great is Your faithfulness"
From age to age / We will proclaim / "Great is Your faithfulness / How great is Your faithfulness"

Everything changes, but You stay the same / Your word and kingdom endure
We lean on the promise of all that You are / And trust forevermore
We will trust forevermore

From generation to generation / You never fail us, O God
Yesterday and today and tomorrow / Until the day You return
-Matt Redman


Oh Father, use my ransomed life
In any way You choose
And let my song forever be
My only boast is You

- Jordan Kauflin, All I Have Is Christ
recorded on Looked Upon


For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now, faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:12-13

photo: shadows in our kitchen, 9/20/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment