living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Used yet Secure. And God Glorified.

I just watched the below video for the first time several minutes ago, and the tears came.


One of the things God has been driving home for me is to instill in my heart more of a treasuring of Christ and thankfulness of his gospel, so that I can say with genuine faith:

Oh Father, use my ransomed life in any way You choose, 
and let my song forever be: my only boast is You.

Recently those lines have really stuck with me. I truly can say that whatever my God ordains is right: whatever path he leads me by, whoever he brings me to, whatever trial or joy he sets before me. It has been a marvel to me that I find not fear but comfort in saying "use my ransomed life in any way You choose." It is a comfort to know that he has chosen to use my ransomed life for his glory in the past and he will in the future. It can only be a comforting thing because Christ's blood has purchased me for the Father, so that he is glorified in me not by crushing me and pouring his wrath out on me but by saving me and drawing me to him as his precious child.

Whatever way he chooses to use my ransomed life, I can know he will give me the grace and faith I need. I am amazed at how he already has. I have faced things I never could by my own strength, and he has been faithful - "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1).

Whatever my God ordains is right
Though now this cup in drinking
Bitter it seems to my faint heart
I take it all unshrinking
My God is true, each morn anew
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart
And pain and sorrow shall depart
(c) 2007 Sovereign Grace Praise

No comments:

Post a Comment