living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Monday, July 26, 2010

Uncertainty in Speech

I saw this tonight on an older blog post by Rebekah.

I have nothing personally invested in my own opinions. I'm just like inviting you to join me on the bandwagon of my own uncertainty. What has happened to our conviction? Where are the limbs out on which we once walked?
I think this is a good observation of my generation in particular (myself included). We live in a culture of relativism, and the limbs of relativism are not strong enough to be walked upon with conviction.
If you truly believe in the gospel, I think you will have enough conviction to speak about it with certainty...even if you, like, cannot always find the totally right words, you know? Not budging on the fact that we are sinners who deserve the wrath of God and are heading to hell apart from Christ's sacrifice - the only true way to a right relationship with God and eternal life with Him in heaven - may turn people away because of how "intolerant" we are. But in a world of uncertainty, God will draw people to Himself through our witness of a certain hope in the gospel. There are so many things that I do not know or understand, but God has granted me the gift of salvation. And by His grace, He will make everything else clear in relation to the gospel.

In the shadow of the cross
Let everything fall into place again
Jesus Christ my sacrifice
How I need to find Your grace again

Jesus Christ my perfect priest
How You understand my weaknesses
Thank You for Your gift to me
Through Your sufferings I now possess this peace

And nothing I can do could add to all You've done
So let my soul be satisfied
As I receive Your favor I will overcome
So in my life by glorified.
Paul Oakley

No comments:

Post a Comment