living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Friday, July 23, 2010

I Love the Cross


In My Heart
In my heart there is a treason
One that poisons all my love
Take my heart and consecrate it
Wash it in Your cleansing blood

Tie me to the Rock unchanging
Tie me to His wondrous Cross
I'll fix my eyes upon the Savior
All other things I count as loss
Tie me to the Rock unchanging
And His great redeeming love
King of Grace; copyright 2000 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)

Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed
Alas and did my Savior bleed - And did my Sovereign die - Would He devote that sacred head - For such a worm as I - Was it for sins that I had done - He groaned upon the tree - Amazing pity, grace unknown - And love beyond degree
My God why would
You shed Your blood
So pure and undefiled
To make a sinful one like me
Your chosen precious child
Well might the sun in darkness hide - And shut His glories in - When Christ the mighty Maker died - For man the creature's sin - Thus might I hide my blushing face - While His dear Cross appears - Dissolve my heart in thankfulness - And melt my eyes to tears
Love Beyond Degree; copyright 1997 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

I Love the Cross
All my sins forgiven
Far removed as east from west
Cast into the depths of the ocean
Of grace and redeeming love
I love the place where my Savior died - I love the place where I was justified - I love the place - Where Your blood flowed down - To give me life - I love the Cross...The Cross of Christ
All my guilt atoned for
Every debt is paid in full
Though my sins were scarlet
Now I'm clean as a fresh fallen snow
Everlasting; copyright 1999 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)
photo: Agape farm, Mt. Union, PA 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment