living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Feasting or Starving?

For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. - Romans 15:4
I need endurance, encouragement, and hope. I need God's Word. Do I starve myself, living on granola bar-like doses of God's Word each day? I need to feast on the Scriptures daily.
Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O LORD, God of hosts. - Jeremiah 15:16
As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. - Psalm 42:1-2
photo: Leipzig, Germany 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment