living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Thursday, June 24, 2010

struggle

Although hard, struggling is a good thing because it's a mixture of fighting my sin (pride, self-pity, discontentment, envy, fear of man, anxiety, on and on...) and experiencing grace, peace, and joy in the security of the gospel. I very much want to grow to learn how to live in responsibility and grace day to day to day. I want to see what it looks like.
I only work because God works, just like I only love God because He first loved me and came after me. He has a part in my life and I have a part in my life, but His is so very much bigger. CJ's message on Sanctification at NEXT was and is what I need to hear repeatedly and in fresh ways. I need to see the gospel not only for my justification, but also for my sanctification each moment of my day.
photo: Cinque Terre, Italy 2007

2 comments:

  1. Sarah! Just to let you know, I have been reading your posts and I think you are a very good writer. I want to grow to be like you in your diligence to read Gods word and apply it to your heart and soul.
    Love you much big sis :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joy. I really appreciate you reading. :-) Love you too! (and I will miss you guys this week, while you're at Creation)

    ReplyDelete