living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Calm and Quiet

God has been showing me so much of how He is at work. His faithfulness never ends, and I've been seeing Him work all over the place. So much has been going on recently all around and in me. Activity. Lots of it. Daily, hourly even. Spiritual and practical. In old and new relationships and in daily work. Much is going on. It's exciting, but it's been hard to rest and sleep.

These are the verses I want to embrace.
But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart. (Luke 2:19)
Psalm 131
Oh Lord, my heart is not lifted up;
my eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with things
too great and too marvelous for me.
But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, hope in the Lord
from this time forth and forevermore.

Goodnight. I'm going to sleep, leaving everything in my Father's hands.

photo: Burano, Italy 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment