living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Friday, June 4, 2010

Clarity of Thought

On Wednesday at work, several thoughts were bumping around my mind. I grabbed my note pad and pen and jotted down some thoughts. I am re-writing them in this post, like a second draft. I also added some thoughts at the end.

The season that I am in right now is similar to stepping out into spring after enduring the winter, although I also did seek to glean from the bleaker season and knew that God ordained it for good. I am having more clarity in my thoughts. I'm seeking specific opportunities to encourage others through writing. Where I was lacking and being grieved by my lack of sharpness in fellowship, God has taken me in my weakness and is now continually springing up, in and around me, His good fruit. Where writing was once unappealing to me (probably for a few years now), God has grown my delight in recounting His work through words. And I believe He is starting to revive along with that a more steady desire to study His Word - a desire and longing rather than simply a feeling of obligation and sort of dry/blind faith.
As I have exercised encouragement through writing, and sometimes verbal communication, I have received much unsolicited encouragement myself. I am seeing more of how living in fellowship is a main means by which God desires to extend grace.

This post really should be read alongside of one of my original posts explaining the reason I started journaling and writing this blog. God has done so much in the past few months in this area.

I am so thankful for how He is granting me the grace to discern my thoughts, and I am starting to see that flow into discernment in my heart. I want to grow to be sensitive to the Spirit's leading in what are His priorities for my time and pursuits. I am a limited person, and I need to learn to embrace living within what God has made clear for me, and have peace about letting other things go, even good and desirable things. Often a good question for me is, "Am I sowing to the Spirit, or to my flesh in this?" (Galations 6:8)

God is so faithful.
photo: Baltic Sea (in Germany) 2007

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that you write this blog. I know I've said it a few times now but I find what you write to be incredibly encouraging. So thank you again for doing what you do. God's work is evident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the encouragement, Matt.

    ReplyDelete