living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Friday, June 4, 2010

Sanctification

I just re-listened to CJ's message on Sanctification from NEXT. These songs on the Worship God Live CD were great to sing along with afterwards.
Grace Unmeasured
Grace unmeasured, vast and free
That knew me from eternity
That called me out before my birth
To bring You glory on this earth
Grace amazing, pure and deep
That saw me in my misery
That took my curse and owned my blame
So I could bear Your righteous name
-
Grace paid for my sins
And brought me to life
Grace clothes me with power
To do what is right
Grace will lead me to heaven
Where I'll see Your face
And never cease
To thank You for Your grace
-
Grace abounding, strong and true
That makes me long to be like You
That turns me from my selfish pride
To love the cross on which You died
Grace unending all my days
You'll give me strength to run this race
And when my years on earth are through
The praise will all belong to You
copyright 2005 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI).
Surrender All
Take all I am, Lord, and all that I cling to
You are my Savior I owe everything to
Take all the treasures that lie in my storehouse
They cannot follow when I enter Your house
-
So I surrender all to You
I surrender all
-
Take all my cravings for vain recognition
Fleshly indlugence and worldly ambition
I want so much Lord to make You the focus
To serve You in secret and never be noticed
-
Take all my hunger for all that's forbidden
Every desire and sin I keep hidden
Search me and know me I want to bring to You
A life that is holy and sanctified through You
Words and music by Rich Dalmas
As recorded on Worship God Live
copyright 2004 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

2 comments:

  1. I love those songs. I haven't gone back yet to the messages. Jeff Purswell's and CJ's are at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just listened to CJ's and Kevin DeYoung's on the Church so far. I think I'll be coming back several times to those again within the next year for sure.
    Thanks for putting up your notes on your posterous blog. Last night I reviewed my notes and read through your's as well on the Sanctification message. Although I typically have more time to listen to things than read them while I'm at work, the notes were perfect for a quick recap last evening. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete