living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacation Highlights

During our family vacation last week, I kept a list of my highlights as they happened. I think it's good for me to recount God's blessings, and this was one of the ways to do so. My mind and heart can be easily distracted and take God's goodness for granted, so I want to hone in on evidences of his kindness to me. I hope that sharing these highlights with others will spur us on to seek out evidences of God's hand at work in even the simple things in our lives and praise him for how wonderfully and intricately he cares for us.
  • Reading two chapters of Randy Alcorn's book Heaven out loud with Erin, Joy, and Margaret late Monday night (to the point where my throat was too "dusty" to speak anymore and Erin took over).
  • Working out at 6:30 am with my sisters on Tuesday. Highlights of this include trying not to laugh while teaching Margaret the work out and Mom being sentimental about her daughters exercising together to the point of taking photos of us.
  • Driving back in our van from pitch and putt golf and a Five Guys meal with our entire family calling out acronyms and answering what they stand for.
  • Cooking for my family.
  • Mom and Dad's water battle.
  • The mental picture I took of Margaret driving Dad's van (on a non-public road) with Dad in the passenger seat and Kallie (our dog) looking out the side window.
  • My annual vacation walk with Dad and his intentionality in our conversation.
  • Just being together.
I took some photos during the week, not many but some. These are from the Conestoga River and the Conestoga House and Gardens. Hey, look at that, there is a Conestoga theme for our local trips. Nobody would suspect that we live in Conestoga Valley School District. :)










1 comment:

  1. Loved reading your high lights. The water battle is one of my favorites too. I'm still on the look out for Dad's revenge. Mom

    ReplyDelete