living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Thursday, August 19, 2010

victory and labor


I read the following this morning, and it stood out to me and was/is so sweet to my soul.
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. - 1 Corinthians 15:56-58
God gives us the victory through Christ. What freedom, rest, and joy. And I can work in life knowing my labors are not in vain because He has already won the victory and is fighting on my side - Christ has me and Christ is continuing to intercede for me. Great is his faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment