living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Friday, August 20, 2010

Gaining from inefficiency


Inefficiency. When you obviously see it, and you succeed in a task despite it, you can laugh about it afterwards and are greatly relieved that the roller coaster is over and has not killed you in the process. You appreciate the fact of the task being done even more than if you were expecting it to go smoothly and it met your expectations. In the second case it's "nothing special" in your mind.
I think the issue is what your expectations represent. Do they represent dependence on yourself or on God? Do I presume on God's grace, even to the point of not seeing it altogether and instead trusting in my own efforts for even the smallest things in life?
What does that laugh or sigh represent when the task is complete and over? Is it a contentedness in yourself, or a gratefulness to God for his grace that got you through?
~~~~
These thoughts came to me while driving home today, reflecting on the day and week. My thoughts also tied in to many experiences working at the Creation festival, east and west.

P.S. I'm excited that I found a good opportunity to use the above photo! It represents much to me and I just like it.
photo: Creation West 2007 at the Gorge in George, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment