living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jesus, My Only Hope


What a happy song! What power and joy is in the gospel.


I come into Your presence
With nothing in my hands
I only bring thanksgiving
For Jesus, God and Man
I cast myself on mercy
I cast myself on love
I trust Your gracious promise
To wash me with Your blood

I will not fear Your judgement
For me no wrath I dread
For it was spent on Jesus
Poured out upon His head
When Satan's accusations
Make my poor heart afraid
I hear my King declaring
"Father, that debt is paid!"

Jesus my only hope
My only plea
My righteousness
My Great High Priest
Who intercedes for me
Before the throne
Jesus, I trust in You alone
(c) 2002 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)
photo: Potter County, PA 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment