living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Humility of Christ


Why lies He in such mean estate,
Where ox and lambs are feeding?
Good Christians, fear, for sinners here
The silent Word is pleading.

Nails, spear shall pierce Him through,
The cross be borne for me, for you.
Hail, hail, the Word made flesh,
The Babe, the Son of Mary.
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. - Philippians 2:4-8

Does my heart melt when I think of Christ coming to earth as a man? Am I floored by the humility displayed? Do I take heart when called to give of myself for others, because of the empowering example and salvation of my Lord? Am I reduced to tears when considering my sin and how far he stooped to save me?

Come, Lord Jesus, come!

photo: 2/4/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment