living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Passion of the Holy Spirit


John Piper in Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus, edited by Nancy Guthrie (p. 34):
Mary responds by saying, "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word" (v. 38). Can you say: "Let the Holy Spirit do with me as he pleases"? Do you trust the Spirit enough to say: "I am your slave; take me; use your omnipotent power to put me where you want me, when you want me there, doing what you want me to do"? Do you know why we can entrust ourselves to the Holy Spirit? Because he exists to exalt the glory of Jesus Christ. Therefore, if the heartbeat of your life is the glory of Jesus Christ, the Spirit will empower and help you with all of his might.
Let's live and speak so that men and women might know that Jesus Christ is a great Savior, the Son of the Most High, and the never-ending King of kings. That's the passion of the Holy Spirit. To be full of that is to be full of him.
photo: Bavaria, Germany 2007
(looks much like Lancaster County, PA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment