living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Saturday, April 24, 2010

glory in weakness

I read Acts 3:1-10 on Tuesday morning of this week. It is about Peter, John, and the lame beggar who was healed. The last sentences say,
And all the people saw him walking and praising God, and recognized him as the one who sat at the Beautiful Gate of the temple, asking for alms. And they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.
This man was known by/for his weakness. God used his lameness to show forth His power and glory. So, I should embrace my weaknesses, if through them God may display his glory to others in my life.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
photo: Potter County, PA 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment