living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Thursday, April 8, 2010

starting up


I thought it would be nice to have a place to put up writings that I come across which speak truth. I also may recount things that go on in my life at times.
So if you come across my blog, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Here is my first quote, taken from Paul David Tripp's book Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands (page 264):

But the Bible never presents our life on earth as a meaningless time of waiting for the good stuff that comes later. The biblical model of waiting is not simply about what you will get at the end of your wait, but about who you will become as you wait. God has promised you real, abundant life in the here and now. We have a Father. We have a home. We are rich. We struggle a great deal, but we can expect much as well.

photo: Salzburg, Austria 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment