living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

He runs after me

But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. - Luke 15:20

My Lord, I did not choose You,
For that could never be;
My heart would still refuse You,
Had You not chosen me. . . .
My heart knows none above You;
For Your rich grace I thirst;
I know that if I love You,
You must have loved me first.
I am so glad that my relationship with God is not in my own hands. How sweet it is to realize what was true of my initial salvation, the fact that God loved me first and chose to come after me to save my soul, is true of my whole life. I need not strive. I can rest in the grace of knowing My Father will continue to pursue me. My hope is in Him, not myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment