living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mighty to Save


Milton Vincent, in The Gospel Primer:

But wonder of wonders, so great to behold,
My God chose to save me with method so bold,
What I could not render, God fully has done,
And doing, He rendered it all through His Son.
He sent Christ to die on the cross for my sin
To suffer my anguish, my pardon to win
...The Firstborn from death on that day emerged He
With power to save to the utmost degree
...And each day I'm made a bit more as I should,
His grace using all things to render me good.
Yes, even in trials God's grace abounds too
And does me the good He assigns it to do

Ascribe to the LORD, O heavenly beings, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness. 
- Psalm 29:1-2

He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? - Romans 8:32

Do I doubt that the power and wisdom of God is at work in my life? Then I need to look to where it is displayed most clearly, and  hope in the God of my salvation, in whom I have all I could ever need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3).

No comments:

Post a Comment