living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hope in God


Psalm 20

May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble!
May the name of the God of Jacob protect you!
May he send you help from the sanctuary
and give you support from Zion!
May he remember all your offerings
and regard with favor your burnt sacrifices!

May he grant you your heart's desire
and fulfill all your plans!
May we shout for joy over your salvation,
and in the name of our God set up our banners!
May the LORD fulfill all your petitions!

Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed;
he will answer him from his holy heaven
with the saving might of his right hand.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
They collapse and fall,
but we rise and stand upright.

O LORD, save the king!
May he answer us when we call.

Psalm 42:5-6

Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my salvation and my God.


My heart quickly becomes heavy with the cares, even good ones, for the well fare of others. But when I see so many needs, struggles, and sufferings of people close to me and those far removed, it forces me to say that our only hope is in the Lord. Whether finances, physical suffering, relational strife, or any circumstance that seems hopeless, I need to remember that there is nothing I can do to help other than to cry out to God and let my soul rejoice in knowing he is faithful and good. He will not forget his own.

Our God is faithful to remove all else from the place that He alone is worthy to hold in our lives and hearts.

My soul can again be light when I, by the grace of God, tell my heart to "Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God."

photo: Cinque Terre, Italy 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment