living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Casting Cares by Storing Up


But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart. - Luke 2:19

With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Blessed are you, O LORD; teach me your statutes! With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth. In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word. Deal bountifully with your servant, that I may live and keep your word. Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.
- Psalm: 119: 10-18

One way I can cast my cares on my God is by storing up his word and workings in my heart. When waves of activity and change rock me, I want to cling to the unchanging Rock and be still. I can know that he is God and therefore rest and take joy in what he has before me in the moment.

O LORD, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. But I have calmed and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel, hope in the LORD from this time forth and forevermore. - Psalm 131

Oh God You are my GOd
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days
(c) 1992 BMG Songs, Inc.

photo: 3/20/11; taken by Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment