living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jesus Paid it All; Yes, Jesus Loves Me

I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness watch and pray, find in me thine all in all."

Lord, now indeed I find Thy power and Thine alone,
Can change the leper's spots and melt the heart of stone.

Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

For nothing good have I whereby Thy grace to claim,
I'll wash my garments white in the blood of Calv'ry's Lamb.

And when before the throne I stand in Him complete,
"Jesus died my soul to save," my lips shall still repeat
lyrics: Elvina M. Hall, 1865


For you are my rock and my fortress;
and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me;...
Into your hand I commit my spirit;
you have redeemed me, O LORD, faithful God.
- Psalm 31:3,5


How can I know God will sustain me and keep me to the end? Because he paid for all my sins and declared that "it is finished" upon the cross, and because he is a jealous God who pursues his glory above all. I know he will be faithful to lead and guide me because it is for his own name's sake, his own glory. My good and his glory are tied up in the same, because of Christ's work at Calvary. I am weak, but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me.

Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD! - Psalm 31:24

No comments:

Post a Comment