living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Brutally Honest and Free

I've started to read The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges, and I'm eating it up. Chapter one contains this:
The gospel applied to our hearts every day, frees us to be brutally honest with ourselves and with God. . . . We can call sin exactly what it is, regardless of how ugly and shameful it may be, because we know that Jesus bore that sin in His body on the cross.
 "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Luke 5:32

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I read the book with profit some years ago, and about a week ago Grandmother picked it up and began reading it; I have read portions to her aloud when she has been doing grapes. She also has been powerfully affected by it, although she is not finished with it yet. Strange how great minds....

    ReplyDelete