living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

How long, O LORD?

"How long?" is asked fifteen times in the Psalms. Who better is there to ask than the Author of time, in whose "book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them?" (Psalm 139:16)
"It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." (Lamentations 3:26)
This week has been very rainy, and today there was some severe flooding. Summer is going out with a bang, including a recent earthquake and hurricane - very untypical for Lancaster county. Sometimes seasons can change so dramatically, and have very different feels to them. I have been grateful for that tangible reminder through the weather. Ultimately, God decides if, how, and when the seasons turn.

One of my favorite ways to practice waiting quietly on the Lord is by singing worship songs to myself in my day. Oh, that sounds fun! I will look forward to that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment