living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pray for Ian


If you have never checked out the Pray for Ian blog, I urge you to do so.

Although we had many mutual friends beforehand, I met Ian in the spring of 2006, when he and his friend David came to our church young adult meeting at the Plank home. Then in May, he lead my "family group" at New Attitude (the first one I had been at). I still remember many of the people in that group, and it was one of the best family group experiences out of the five I've had. Much of that was because of Ian's leadership and infectious zeal for Christ. During that summer he interned at Haverstick Films, and we got to know him here in Lancaster. He attended Crossway Church while away from his home church in Indiana, PA.
Then one October day that same year, my friend Kiera gave me a call - I can remember exactly where I was. Ian had been in a severe car accident and they were asking everyone for their prayers. I remember walking around Millersville University campus in shock early that week. He was on the very verge of death. God chose to spare his life. But life changed from that moment on for Ian, and so many of his family and friends. God's weaving a beautiful story in their lives, one that points heavenward to the treasure of Christ.

So again, I strongly urge you to go to their blog. Follow it from the beginning. It could undoubtedly be published as a book one day. Ian, Larissa, Steve, Mary, and their family, friends, and church family are a blessing to the broader Church of Christ. They have opened up their lives in the blog these past few years, sharing with us the anguish and joys of enduring faith through trial after trial.

How sweet it will be to rejoice along with them by our Savior's side!
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:12-13

photo: David & Krista's wedding, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment