living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Focus.

Inspiration. Emotion. Feeling. Substance. Discernment. Listlessness. Purpose. Sensitive. Fickle. Fanciful. Grounded. Focus. Meaning. Growth. Love.

There are so many things of which I don't know and many more of which I have not experienced. How deep the depth of the human heart and how broad the scope of humanity.
Diverse. Complex. Detailed intertwining. Gray matters. Irksome unknowns.

This information age has opened floodgates of options to think and form opinions on things all over the map.
Analyze. Discern. Judge.

How do we do this?
Objectively. Detachedly. Bluntly. Blindly. Insensitively. Erratically. Emotionally.

Do I find myself mired in foggy details more often than stable on overarching truth? Look for the rock in each tempest, calm, and bog. Gospel connections will lead my heart home, as a lighthouse on the rock.
Weak. Teetering often. Believing lies. Immersed in sin. Prone to wander. Worldly unsatisfying lusts. Prodigal.

I know my frame. Feast and graze upon truth, unoriginal and repetitive as it may be. And yet, he knows my frame more than I know my own. He is the Father of his prodigal child; the one who runs after me . . . again, and again, and will do again.

We love because he first loved us.
1 John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment