living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Loving My Brothers and Sisters

The more I experience the gospel, the more there develops within me a yearning affection for my fellow-Christians who are also participating in the glories of the gospel. This affection for them comes loaded with confidence in their continued spiritual growth and ultimate glorification, and it becomes my pleasure to express to them this loving confidence regarding the ongoing work of God in their lives. (A Gospel Primer; Philippians 1:3-8)
I am amazed that God would allow me to observe his work in those around me, humbled that he would even use me in their growth, thankful that he also gives them to grow me, and in awe of how he works through his gospel to grow me in my love first for him and then for others. I thank the Father for the family of God, for Crossway Church, and for my family. And I joyfully anticipate seeing the gospel break through in new ways to those who have yet to receive his salvation and in deepening ways to those who are already saved. When sin and circumstance seem ultimate and without hope, replace my logic of unbelief with faith, O Lord, to see your gospel as powerfully unstoppable for working out your purposes in me and those around me.

photo: Conestoga River & Margaret, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment