living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pretty cool story by an awesome Author



God has and is doing much in my life. It has been hard - intense and extreme in many ways I never would have guessed a year ago. The good and the bad, the ugly and the beautiful - it's all worthwhile (even if feelings at times say differently).

And you know what? God let's us be a part of some pretty cool stuff in this life. He doesn't have to, and he definitely doesn't need us. But what a privilege it is that we get to be involved in his story on this earth. Whether mundane or monumental, whether brief or lifelong - whatever or whomever he brings my way, I have great cause to delight in my God. 

I want to delight myself in my God and learn contentment, so that my soul may be satisfied, fulfilled, and sing praises to my Savior in whatever circumstance the moment of my day finds me. At the foot of the cross, ambition and contentment can co-exist. As can sorrow and joy, weakness and strength. 

We've got a pretty awesome Author of life. He creates the best stories, and we get to be in them.

photo: Creation Festival 2011 main stage

1 comment:

  1. And we each have our own story that He is unfolding to us. No two stories are exactly alike. Quite the adventure---Mom

    ReplyDelete