living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Monday, August 29, 2011

The Power of God

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence - 2 Peter 1:3
Outside of heaven, the power of God in its highest density is found inside the gospel. . . Nothing else in all of Scripture is ever described in this way, except for the Person of Jesus Christ. - Milton Vincent in A Gospel Primer
I want to make the gospel of Jesus Christ my go to place and camp out there. He has all I need for life and godliness. He will help me battle my sin, humble my proud heart, walk in obedience, love others, and find great joy in learning to know him more in my days. I have the very power of God to take with me into my day - how incredible is that?!

Who has felt the nails upon His hands
Bearing all the guilt of sinful man
God eternal humbled to the grave
Jesus, Savior risen now to reign!

Behold our God seated on His throne
Come let us adore Him
Behold our King nothing can compare
Come let us adore Him!
Behold Our God
(c) Sovereign Grace Worship 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment