living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Monday, November 22, 2010

Little Women



I picked up Little Women and started reading it these past few days. It's so delightful! And I want to use words like "delightful," "handkerchief," "dear," and so on because of it. I think there is something to be said for rubbing shoulders with people who help you enjoy and be thankful for the little things in life and throughout the day. That is the effect this book has for me so far. Alcott portrays the daily joys and sorrows of her characters with genuineness and care. It has been a very long time since I've read a novel, but that's mostly because I haven't seen a use for doing so. I look forward to walking through a bit of life with Little Women and letting them teach me to embrace and cultivate a thankful, contented, and joyful spirit in the moments of my days.
A plus is the fact that the copy I have is worn and aged, which adds a lovely quaintness to the reading experience. My grandma's name, Rhoda, is written in cursive with a pencil on the title page.

photo: Jared & Rebekah's wedding, January 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment