living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Monday, May 24, 2010

physical and spiritual

In Mere Christianity:
God never meant man to be a purely spiritual creature. That is why He uses material things like bread and wine to put the new life into us. We may think this rather crude and unspiritual. God does not: He invented eating. He likes matter. He invented it.
This makes me think of Heaven by Randy Alcorn. Reading his book was one of the first times I really spent some significant time thinking about how heaven will be a physical place. (I have not finished that book by any means - it's on my shelf of books that I have started and have yet to finish)
photo: driving from Seattle to George, WA 2006

1 comment:

  1. Because of all that matter I have a full time job. Work for the Glory of God.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete