living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Friday, May 7, 2010

Faith is Weak

Christ is all that I need. It is so good to be weak. So good. He is glorified in inescapably obvious weakness. When my weakness is a banner over my life, it draws me to faith and displays ever so much more clearly the reality that God is strong and I am a frail sinner, lost and despicable on my own. Sweetly broken is sweet blessing.

Wednesday night at Sola Doug spoke on how faith thirsts (John 7:37); it feels its weakness. Then we had discussion groups. People shared very openly, specifically, and clearly. I could relate so much, but I am weak in communication and being concise. But I did share. And I received wonderful exhortation to not neglect fellowship because I do not have my thoughts already clear and compiled. Rather, I actually need others to contribute to the process.
I thank my Father for ministering to me through the church and His Spirit. How beautiful it is that His glory and our good are wrapped up in the same. Mysteriously and undeservedly beautiful.

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

No comments:

Post a Comment