living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hospitality to the Stranger

“Fellowship is having your church friends over, and that’s great, but hospitality is inviting the stranger in….Hospitality means meeting the stranger at the gate.”

“It does not matter that there’s cat hair on the couch,” [Rosaria Champagne Butterfield] says in the interview. “It does not matter that all you can serve right now is macaroni and cheese or cereal. It absolutely does not matter.” Why not? Because these small details fade to insignificance compared to the tremendous potential of hospitality on mission.

Quotes from a Desiring God Authors On The Line Audio Interview (here).

Although this has been a bit tough to practically facilitate, because I am not even at my own home often, it’s exciting for me to see how God has placed me right where I am at this precise time and with the exact neighbors I have. I pray for God to grace me to hold out friendship of acceptance, not necessarily approval, that witnesses to them of how God continually initiates with and draws me to the goodness of repentance and relationship with him through his Son. Grace me, O Lord, to be generously unselfish with interruptions to my schedule so that I may love others more than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment