living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

living today: a Turkish evening

So this week I've got easy material to post for "living today." 

My friend Chris Haughery designed the program/invitation for a wine tasting event fundraiser called Heart's Delight Wine Auction to benefit the American Heart Association. They gave him two tickets to a formal private $500 plate dinner at the Turkish ambassador's residence, and he asked me to be his +1. It was a pretty amazing experience. I was privileged and honored to go down to DC last Thursday for the dinner.

Here is the published information about our dinner.

Host: His Excellency Namik Tan, The Ambassador of the Republic of Turkey 
Chef: Hasan Siyam, Ambassador’s Chef
Wine: Collection of Turkish wines presented by Steve Feldman of Potomac Wines & Spirits
Residence of the Ambassador of Turkey 1606 23rd Street, NW
7:00 p.m.
Total guests: 28
Tickets: $500 


ready to go

taking the Metro there

inside the residence

dinner

dessert

do we look like we belong in there?

after a really great evening

I love how it's lit up.

A-mazing...yeah I spent the evening there dining with the Turkish ambassador and hobnobbing with about 25 other guests. Even made a new Turkish friend whose husband works on staff in the embassy.

It was such a treat, and so clear to me that my Father wanted to bless me in a unique fun way.

No comments:

Post a Comment