living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Monday, April 30, 2012

Women by Design


I am very aware of my need for the grace of God to be a good helper and faith-filled like my name-sake. "And you are [Sarah's] children, if you do good and do not fear anything that is frightening." (1 Peter 3:6) I so often fail in this.

Ultimately I need more than Sarah's example.  I need my Savior's, and the power of his life, death, and resurrection in my life.

Some notes from Pete's Women by Design message on Saturday:

  • Jesus was full of grace and truth, not just truth without grace. 
  • Ask for a gentle and quiet spirit so you can be a helper. 
  • Men don't always recognize the help you are trying to bring. 
  • Helping doesn't come through striving, but the Lord gives us grace to help even when we see they are going the wrong way.
  • It is in cross-carrying and suffering that glorifies God best. 


"they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. ... but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." (1 Peter 3:1-4)

Being precious in my Father sight, oh what a secure thing to know the intimate care and pleasure of my Lord!

1 comment:

  1. that was a great message wasn't it. (the one on Mother's Day). I was struck with a new sense of the fear of the Lord in regards to my role as a women and the influence I have with those around me. God has so much for us to keep learning and growing in. Life is never going to be put on cruise control. Love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete