living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Thursday, February 17, 2011

As The Spring


Retrieving the mail. . .
The sun on my back, and its rays on my face.
The squish squash of my footsteps on the saturated earth, carpeted with copious grass roots.
Patches of remaining snow to cleanse my boot after muddy steps.
The smell of spring, hinting of my youthful soccer seasons.
Scents of wet hay and catching slipping steps on a slanted field, reminiscent of Creation camping supervisory summers.
Sweet fresh air filling my weak lungs with goodness, starkly contrasting the morning battle to balance both breathing and breakfast.
Distant chirping of birds, as the voice of a long lost friend.
Victoriously forsaking my jacket, to bring further delight in this farm girl role-play, as it reveals a plaid flannel, black as it may be.
These all, evidences.
The sun was there all along, but not until a day like today could I really see and sense it.

My Lord may lift my eyes to see and delight in him near, whether the evidences of his grace breakthrough in blissful warmth as the spring, or call me to patient faith, trusting only in his word. May the radiance of the Son capture the senses of my heart even today, and may my delight be ever on Him, for he is always at hand.

Great is the Lord

If all I've done; At last should come to nothing; And all I love, like sand be washed away;
Still I will sing; Of Your unfailing glory; On bended knee; I'll lift my voice and say:

If You should speak; Or should remain in silence; Should give me light, or lead me through the dark;
Whatever cost; Whatever joy or sorry; I'll worship still; Because of who You are.

When death becomes; The end of all my labors; And Christ alone my rest and my reward; 
May all I've done; Be one enduring echo; Resounding on to shout; Great is the Lord!


Great is the Lord
Great is Your name
Till my last breath
I will proclaim

Great is the Lord
Great is Your name
I give my life
To sing Your praise
Great is the Lord

photo: on a walk after work today with Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment