living today in light of that day

living today in light of that day

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Come to Me all

Security. Identity. The Word of God.
I am hit with the need for these three. I want my soul to be ever increasingly established. Immovable because of my Anchor. I hunger and thirst after him. I have a Rock who is my salvation, and I have his word to feed my soul the unchanging truths of who he is and how he relates with me.

Security:
...for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)
Identity:
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. ... (1 John 3:1)
Satisfaction in the Word:
Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O LORD, God of hosts. (Jeremiah 15:16)
Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. (John 4:13-14)
Somedays we get stuck in a fog. But no cloud can keep me from Christ.
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment